[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Debayan Banerjee debayanin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 07:03:42 PDT 2009

Just to be clear (and to be sure I dint left any stone unturned to get
my proposal approved):

Once you click on of these "tirggers" on a website or a media
distributed by an ISV the following things happen:

1) A dialog box opens up asking for the sudo/admin password.
2) A dialog shows up asking whether you trust the repository and adds
the GPG key to the keyring if you do trust it.
3) The repository gets added.
4) Packages get downloaded.
5) Packages get installed.
6) There maybe such a setting that specifies to automatically disable
repositories after packages are installed.

To you trust!=popularity point, all I can say is Patrick. W. Barnes
went to great lengths to enumerate just the opposite thing here
<http://groups.google.com/group/redhat-summer/browse_thread/thread/50de9e16d5407b9c>

--
Be Intelligent, Use GNU/Linux

http://debayanin.googlepages.com/