[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Apr 2 09:37:20 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... I also think that OCI
>> would be a nice-to-have feature, but with package catalogs I don't think
>> it's a required feature.
>
> In the FAQ, you say that package catalogs are not meant to
> replace one-click install.  Have you changed your mind?

Also, which distros include package catalog support by default,
such that one could already click on a .catalog file in a web
browser?
I see that Ubuntu Jaunty includes part of packagekit:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/packagekit
but I can't tell if gpk-install-catalog is one of the things
installed by default.

If the list is nonempty, is it time to turn that broken link the FAQ entry to
http://www.packagekit.org/packagekit.catalog into a working link?
- Dan