[packagekit] Regarding updating packages using Packagekit

Ashwini Dhiman ashwinidhiman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:15:50 PST 2009

> Well, this is possible in the backend, but I don't think any package
> manager supports this parallel mode of operation. There's actually some
> code in git (I forget which branch) that expands the API to cope with
> multiple sub-transactions overlapping, but that branch is quite old now.
> I'm not sure how much the GUI does the right thing in this case.

In that case, I would like to test the feasilbilty of this being done
for Packagekit.
Also, on checking out the TODO list of Pakcagekit, I thought that it
would be an interesting thing to make service packs work correctly, as
mentioned in the list. I would also like to work in that regard.
So, please guide me on how to start for this.

Regards,
Ashwini