[packagekit] Hacking dbus signals

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:52:25 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 13:53 +0300, Friki zoid wrote:
> Hello all.
> I'am using PkClient object in my program. I need to know reposytory
> base url. I coudnt connect to "repo-signature-required" signal because
> it didnt heppen in my work. How can i hack "repo-detail" signal to get
> key_url parametr.

Well, assuming you've already got the repo-detail (repo-id, short
description, if enabled) you can't really get much more details about
the repo from PackageKit. You only get repo-signature-required when the
client needs to expose the user to a GPG signing UI, not in regular use.

We don't expose low level things like urls as you can't really expose
mirror management, or different urls for different transports in a clean
way. Why do you want to know the base url, what are you trying to do?