[packagekit] Regarding rollbacks

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:21:29 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 14:48 +0530, pranjal pandit wrote:
> >   I found rpmrebuild which I use to create an rpm prior to running
> > yum.
> > If I need to "rollback" then I have to delete the rpm and install
> the
> > one that
> > was saved from during rpmrebuild.
>
> And none of this will help if your data has changed as a result of the
> upgrade.

I think what seth means is that you've got this situation:

1. user installs evolution 1.4
2. user downloads emails
3. user updates to evolution to 2.0 (which changes the message store
format)
4. user runs evolution which converts the messages to 1.4 format
5. user rollsback to 1.4
6. user panics as evultion is unable to open messagebox.

I'm not sure what conary does about that -- Ken?