[packagekit] Building packagekit in foresight linux

Ashwini Dhiman ashwinidhiman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:30:33 PST 2009

> First need the: Install Development Packages
>
> sudo conary update  group-gnome-dist-devel

I am doing this but this seems to be taking a lot of time. I am behind
a not-so-good internet connection and whenever I run this command,
this creates some 250+ jobs and starts downloading all of them. Are
all these updates necessary for the development packages?

> ***NOTE
> if you want test the conary backend use the git version of PK

As I am behind an http proxy, I could not use the git  protocol to
download the source. So I did
git-clone http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/packagekit/PackageKit.git/
and got the source.

I hope this is the correct.