[packagekit] Managed bindings for PackageKit

Stephane Delcroix stephane at delcroix.org
Tue Jan 27 02:41:24 PST 2009

Hey guys,

I just landed in the git repo my early version of a managed binding of
PackageKit, allowing you to interract with it from your favorite managed
language. It works fine on Mono and should work as well on .NET
(provided pk works on windows).

To build it, pass the --enable-managed option to the configure script.

It's still a work in progress and I'm taking bug reports/feedback about
this. If you have a sample code that works with pk-glib but you can't
compile/execute with the managed binding, drop me a mail.

99% of this code is autogenerated by gapi from the existing pk-glib
binding. That means that any API change/addition in pk-glib will be
reflected to the managed binding for a very small cost.

The packagekit-sharp.dll assembly is currently _not_ installed in the
gac as it's api it's not yet frozen. So for now, just cp it to your
working folder or add it in MONO_PATH.

regards

Stephane