[packagekit] building packagekit from source

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 03:08:02 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 12:01 +0100, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>  Yup, but a bit hard to do from the plugin package manager
> backends :-)

Right, I admit I don't like it living in lib/ either.

> Maybe it should support a fallback distro config file in /etc/
> PackageKit ?
> (like /etc/PackageKit/Distro.conf or whatever, if *-release isn't
> found)
>
> So that adding a new distro doesn't need patching/recompiling, I
> mean...

The issue with this is that each distro stores the version, arch,
release data in different files, in different ways. It's a difficult
problem to solve.

Make check already fails on distros that don't implement that function,
I'm not sure what else I can do. Suggestions welcome.