[packagekit] PackageKit: pkgenpack fixes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 01:34:08 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 11:27 +0530, Utsav Handa wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Many thanks for the encouraging reply.

No problem.

> I have completed adjustments of the code as specified and resending the
> patch.
> Please let me know, if i can help in contributing to PackageKit.

I've committed bits of your patches, refactoring some, and adding fixes
of my own. I've attached the commits that I did for your review.

You'll see that each commit only changes one thing which is the prefered
way to work with git. This allows us to revert or change one tiny part
of the series without pulling the whole lot.

You can also see I tried to reuse as much of the same logic as before --
and moving the logic down from pk_generate_pack_get_filename() into
main. It's easy for me to work out where things best fit as I wrote a
large chunk of the original code, but maybe if you study the patches you
can see the way I worked and broke the problem down into little steps.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Please keep up the good work and sending
patches!