[packagekit] get-depends and get-requires probably shouldn't use an array of package_ids

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 8 06:34:00 PDT 2009

Hey,
gnome-packagekit should and probably is using
the array of packages.
And KPackageKit.

the reason for this is that GUI don't know how to handle
dependencies, and each distribution has it's own way to
do it. So if I want to install foo and bar, I get the depends for
both at the same time, and the backend will not let duplicated
dependencies get out. This is really important and should stay
as it is.

In the past the behavior was what you said but It was a pain
to get rid of the duplicated ones, and sometimes one package
depends on foo1 and the other needs foo1.2 which in the
end WILL install foo1.2 so having this handled by the backend
IS IMPORTANT.

Best,
Daniel.