[packagekit] remove-packages and allow_deps / autoremove

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:36:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

If I understand it correctly:
allow_deps=True means backend should remove packages that depends on removed
ones. Like foo needs bar, if I remove bar, foo is removed. And with
allow_deps=False, such a situation should leads to an error ?
I need more info about this option because if the behavior is the one described,
portage hasn't such behavior.

autoremove=True means if foo needs bar and I remove foo, bar is removed.
About this one, I'm sure I will not be able to implement it because it's unsafe
to remove libs in portage except if you know what you are doing (for some
reasons you probably don't want to know about). So, I was thinking about a
message telling autoremove=True has been ignored (better than an error in my
opinion).

By the way, when these options are enabled ?
By the way (two), autoremove isn't in remove_packages python script. I will add
it with MESSAGE_AUTOREMOVE_IGNORED message if you see no objection.

Thanks,
Mounir