[packagekit] Service Packs

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 1 20:11:13 PDT 2009

Hi,

I was looking at the service pack code, and seems
like it's something that was implemented at the lib side
which means packagekit-qt would have to do the same thing
am i right? If so shouldn't we move this to be accessible through
DBus?

The list of things todo in KPackageKit is pretty short but
i'd really have this ui before the next release.. :D

BTW, imo this ui needs some real love, it's dam confusing
and some options are not clear to me what's for, like
why would i need a list of installed packages?
And what should i do when i create a service pack?
Ok, i have a *.servicepack now what? Which gpk-*
can install it? Is the cmd line options useful for anything?
Please don't take this as an attack but i'm really wondering these
questions myself, i guess there are other wondering the same.

Thanks,
Daniel.

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com