[packagekit] Lack of details about updates on Fedora 10

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Mon Jun 15 15:05:56 PDT 2009

When I use the gpk-update-viewer to see what updates are available, the
list of updates only contains the name and version of the package, not
any details like a description of the update, CVE #s, bug#s, links to
further information, etc.  I'm not sure how to investigate this, or
what might be causing it.  I'm have a slow net connection, and the
Fedora 10 installation is a fresh one directly off the CD.

I have updated my metadata cache (with yum makecache) right now, and
the problem remains.  I don't think it is caused by
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/1829#comment:5 since I haven't
gotten any such errors, even from running yum directly.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Jesse