[packagekit] Lack of details about updates on Fedora 10 -- SOLVED

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Tue Jun 16 09:20:20 PDT 2009

I've now successfully tracked down the problem.  It was a bug in
yumBackend.py, which was fixed in the current version of PackageKit.
The problem was that metadataUpdate wasn't seeing the updateinfo.xml.gz
file, because the repo was not being fully/correctly setup.  It would
be good to mention this prominently in the FAQ (or maybe one for Fedora
10), as it will bite anyone using a fresh F10 CD install.  In what form
should I send a patch to the FAQ?

Jesse Weinstein