[packagekit] Configuration files for backends

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:49:57 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Valeriy Lyasotskiy<onestep at irc.lg.ua> wrote:
> What I propose is to get some configuration framework, which can be used to get/set config values for backend

Is the logic that the foo backend will access /etc/PackageKit/foo.conf?

> This can look like pk_backend_get_config_value/pk_backend_set_config_value and the resulting config file can look this way:
> Any comments on this? :)

Sounds sane, but what's the advantage over just using GKeyFile in the
c backend file? That's exactly what the init() method was designed
for. It then saves having to have all the get_int, get_string,
get_strv accessors duplicated.