[packagekit] Configuration files for backends

Valeriy Lyasotskiy onestep at irc.lg.ua
Thu Jun 18 03:09:37 PDT 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:49:57 +0100
Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the logic that the foo backend will access /etc/PackageKit/foo.conf?

Not neccesary, it may be single file /etc/PackageKit/Backend.conf and it may contain [dummy], [alpm], [apt] sections and [alpm:mapping], [apt:gpgconfig] subsections.

> Sounds sane, but what's the advantage over just using GKeyFile in the
> c backend file? That's exactly what the init() method was designed
> for. It then saves having to have all the get_int, get_string,
> get_strv accessors duplicated.

It just will make configuration system for all the backends unified. But if we stick to using /etc/PackageKit/${backend_name}.conf, then, surely, GKeyFile makes sense.

--
Regards,
Valeriy Lyasotskiy <onestep at irc.lg.ua>