[packagekit] Res: New stable release

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:09:36 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 17:58 -0700, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> also we have a .pc file problem that i don't know
> very well on how to explain but i need that to rely
> on a specifc version of pk-qt, i'd like to have
> this a new release of kpk this week but i need
> -qt lib with all these enums.

You need a specific version? Surely you just need to check for >= 0.4.4?

> Dario helped me a bit,
> while we were trying to fix the check packagekit-qt>=0.4.4
> he said:
>  the include dir returns /usr/include/PackageKit/usr/include/QtCore/usr/include/QtDBus/usr/include/QtXml/
> [19:28:18] <drf__> quite messed up, I'd say
> [19:32:08] <drf__> dantti: ok, solved it. but we should really tell packagekit guys to add -IPackageKit/packagekit-qt to their .pc file

I think what you want to add QtXml to the Requires line in
data/packagekit-qt.pc.in

If you want you can change data/packagekit-qt.pc.in to have Cflags: -I
${includedir}/PackageKit/packagekit-qt and then just #include
<QPackageKit> in KPackageKit.

> i'm not very good at config files but if you do
> know how to fix please do, kpk wasn't finding packagekit-qt headers.

Okay, I've made these changes in
3bccdbf94bd731f19f4cb2919ff8c04f38f29d93, can you test this out and
report success/failure before I cut the release please. Thanks.