[packagekit] Questions about PackageKit-browser-plugin

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 7 02:36:43 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 18:27 -0300, rotru at br.ibm.com wrote:
> 1. Is it possible the plugin to install more than one package ?? In
> the example there are 2 packages in the value field, but in my tests,
> only the last one had the version showed and was installed when
> clicking on the link.

No. The two names are to cover the case where debian calls the package
kdeedu and Fedora calls the package kde4edu. This code will only install
one package, and will try each of the names given.

> 2. what is the use of the parameter desktopnames ??

The list of basenames of possible desktop files (no .desktop extension)
-- we've actually removed this in newer versions of PackageKit as the
client can work out the desktop filename itself. If you specify it, it
should be ignored with new versions.

> 3. Is there more parameters I can use ??

Not really. If you need to install multiple files, then I would advise
using a catalog file. See http://www.packagekit.org/pk-faq.html#catalogs

There's also a README for the plugin here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/packagekit/plain/contrib/browser-plugin/README