[packagekit] Implementation of searchFiles in APT backend

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 01:38:22 PDT 2009

2009/10/25 Matthias Klumpp <matthias at nlinux.org>:
> It may be important that (on this early stage) I call searchFiles one after
> one. If i supmit the request parallel I'm sure this will be a lot faster.

I've switched gnome-packagekit to use the OR search in SearchFiles by
default, so you can do:

SearchFiles("/usr/bin/dave&/usr/sbin/dave&/bin/dave")

and it treats it like a giant OR search. In the future SearchFiles()
will take a string array (and not a string) which will remove the need
to use a silly separator value.

Not all the backends support '&' as it's newly introduced and optional
in 0.5.x, so caveat emptor.