[packagekit] Privileges handling in complex situations

Sebastian Heinlein sebi at glatzor.de
Thu Oct 29 02:20:14 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 08:37:55AM -0700, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> Of course this is not ideal but Richard prefer to not break API in 0.5
> so probably in 0.6 we will have this better.

This is a security issue! Therefor I won't change the behavior
of the apt backend before we get a correct privilege handling.

But having the Simulate* methods available the frontend (KPackageKit)
could provide additional information about which changes are required to
install a blocked update.

Cheers,

Sebastian