[packagekit] make distclean does not undo all changes

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 27 13:35:18 PDT 2010

>Hi there!
>I am packaging PackageKit for Debian at time, since the Debconf issue has
>now been solved we should have a good chance to get it accepted. Sebastian
>has not enough time to continue his work, so I am doing this instead.

Nice thanks

>While developing the deb-package, I found out that a 'make distclean' does
>not reset the sources to their original state. This is a problem because
>the package build scripts will automatically create a patch for all files
>which differ.
>This newly created patch will be applied every time the package is built.
>You can find the patch I get at time here:
>http://debian.pastebin.com/jYzMTsaA
>Could you please make automake remove all newly created files and make
>sure 'make distclean' resets all data to the original state?
>This would be very nice cause this thing is really ugly in the package.
>Thanks & kind regards
>   Matthias

I'm going home now so I didn't look at it, also it's on my TODO
change autotools to cmake, not sure Richard will approve (tough we already
discuss this). The main problem is that I can't maintain autotools, the file
imo is a big mess, to have an idea of the problem there has been more
than a year that packagekit-qt links against libapt-pkg which shouldn't
happen. Also packagekit-qt needs it's own so number so that when
I break ABI packagekit-glib doesn't need to change.

If you can give me a hand would be appreciated :D
Thanks.