[packagekit] regarding packagekit-gnome 2.29.2 on maverick

Daniel Hernandez Bahr dbahr at uci.cu
Mon Dec 13 13:50:52 PST 2010

2.32.0 works just fine.. i love that it shows application icons for
installed packages.

So .. antoher question : ¿can I do something like 'gpk-application
install <package-list>'?

Note here that I need something graphical, not shellish... i know how to
solve this with pkcon, but I am trying to replace synaptic with
packagekit-gnome and some packages like apport-gtk, gnome-codec-install,
language-selector, jockey-gtk explicitly use synaptic.

is there any known solution for this??

Best regards,

D.H. Bahr