[packagekit] PackageKit 0.6.1 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:23:59 PST 2010

Today I released PackageKit 0.6.1.

Tarballs available here: http://www.packagekit.org/releases/

Version 0.6.1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2010-02-01

Translations:
 - Updated translation for Chinese (Simplified) (gml520)
 - Updated translation for Dutch (warrink)
 - Updated translation for Polish (raven)
 - Updated translation for Spanish (elsupergomez)

Backends:
 - alpm: Added autoremove and HoldPkg functionality (PirateJonno)
 - alpm: Changed search functions to allow multiple search values
(Valeriy Lyasotskiy)
 - alpm: Handle ILoveCandy config option (PirateJonno)
 - alpm: More formatting (PirateJonno)
 - alpm: Understand more config options (PirateJonno)
 - aptcc: Impoved search file (Daniel Nicoletti)
 - portage: Fix compilation and port code to new API (Fabio Erculiani)
 - ports: Convert search params to array values (Anders F Bjorklund)
 - urpmi: Fix backend api (Aurelien Lefebvre)
 - yum: Emit a warning when a developer tries to use autoremove (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ensure we look in all update notices for a security update.
Fixes rh#526279 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Include PackageKit in the list of essential packages (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Show a message to the user if the repo could not be reached.
Fixes rh#531838 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Use repo-for-developers-only when enabling rawhide (Richard Hughes)
 - zypp: Add more features to repo_set_data (Ladislav Slezak)
 - zypp: Partial support of multiple values for search params (Scott Reeves)
 - zypp: Work with packagekit-glib2 (Scott Reeves)

New Features:
 - Add Kubuntu support for upgrade (Daniel Nicoletti)
 - Add support for the 'interactive' hint in the daemon, and also sent
it to the backend (Richard Hughes)
 - Add a new message enum 'repo-for-developers-only' for repos that
should not be used by users (Richard Hughes)
 - Add sync versions of the PkPackageSack functions (Richard Hughes)
 - Enable initial introspection support in PackageKit-glib2 (Richard Hughes)
 - Sort the packages by name in all pkcon results (Richard Hughes)

Bugfixes:
 - Ensure we enter SETUP before we run the pre-transaction checks
(Richard Hughes)
 - Add a parent object to all the source objects to track the source
role and transacton id (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure we set an error when the transaction is cancelled (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure PkProgress sends ::notify signals when properties change
(Richard Hughes)
 - When adopting a transaction ensure we set the role on the PkResults
object (Richard Hughes)
 - Show the translated role and status when using pkgenpack (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure that pkgenpack generates filenames without ';' embedded in
them (Richard Hughes)
 - If the user uses 'pkcon install dave.rpm' then give a useful error
message (Richard Hughes)
 - Fixed packagekit.client.install_packages() in Python bindings (Tim Waugh)
 - Cache autoremove too in transaction_remove_packages (Valeriy Lyasotskiy)