[packagekit] GNOME PackageKit 2.29.3 released

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:42:12 PST 2010

GNOME PackageKit is the name of the collection of PackageKit GUI tools
for use in the GNOME desktop.

Version 2.29.3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2010-02-01

* Translations
 - Updated Traditional Chinese translation (Cheng-Chia Tseng)
 - Updated French translation (Claude Paroz)
 - Updated Spanish translation (Daniel Mustieles)
 - Updated Swedish translation (Daniel Nylander)
 - Added Bengali translation (Jamil Ahmed)
 - Updated Norwegian bokmål translation (Kjartan Maraas)
 - Updated Slovenian translation (Matej Urbančič)
 - Update Ukrainian translation (Maxim V. Dziumanenko)
 - Update simplified Chinese translation (Whistler)
 - Updated Telugu Translation (krishnababu k)

* New Features:
 - Remove the 'Install only security updates' button from the security
updates popup and open the update viewer instead (Richard Hughes)
 - Show transaction messages in gpk-repo (Richard Hughes)
 - Show the size of the extra packages that need to be downloaded as
deps (Richard Hughes)
 - Raise the gtk+ dep to 2.19.3 as we're using
gtk_cell_renderer_spinner_new() (Richard Hughes)
 - Filter by the timespec in gpk-log, not the localised date. Fixes
rh#544667 (Richard Hughes)
 - Show internal errors with modal dialogs, rather than just failing
quietly with an error on stderr (Richard Hughes)
 - Nest child updates in the update viewer so we don't show the same
update description multiple times (Richard Hughes)

* Bugfix:
 - Fix menu entry capitalisation in gpk-application (Philip Withnall)
 - Make the security update notification dialog timeout after 15
seconds (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure we detect and use x11 to fix the compile when linking with
--as-needed (Richard Hughes)
 - Actually cancel the transaction when the GpkWatch cancel button is
pressed (Richard Hughes)
 - Process every transaction finish, even if we're not watching it
(Richard Hughes)
 - Only wait 3 seconds (not 60) when we get the updates changed signal
(Richard Hughes)
 - Re-get the update list in the update viewer if the network state
changes. Fixes rh#543871 (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix two potential crashers when gpk-update-viewer has finished
applying updates (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't hide the restart status icon just because the daemon exited.
Fixes rh#553966 (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix some i18n bugs. Fixes #606629 (Richard Hughes)