[packagekit] feature download source or link to source

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 02:31:19 PDT 2010

On 10 May 2010 22:12, Mateu Batle <mateu.batle at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> I think there is no current way to identify or access the source package
> from a binary package in any form from PackageKit API.
> Either a link to download or the ability to download would be fine.
> Main use I see is to make easier to fulfill the condition of open source
> licenses that source code of binary packages must be available.

Sorry for the delay, your mail got stuck in the moderation-queue-of-death.

I agree that the feature would be useful to get access to the source
code, but I'm struggling to work out who out of our real world users
[http://www.packagekit.org/pk-profiles.html] would find the feature
useful. Could you outline a 40,000ft view on how it would be useful?
Thanks.