[packagekit] What is PackageKit? A general package management suite? - Take 2

Jean Hubbard jean_p57 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 17:11:46 PST 2010

You should give Kubuntu a spin. That has Kpackagekit by default and you should feel right at home with it being a .deb distro. In fact im pretty sure Kubuntu dropped Adept for Kpackagekit.
Ive also heard a rumour that KDE is dropping Kpackage in favour of Kpackagekit.

You also may want to try the aptcc backend.

Have fun
Jean