[packagekit] feature download source or link to source

Mateu Batle mateu.batle at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 11 07:47:23 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I think there is no current way to identify or access the source package
from a binary package in any form from PackageKit API.
Either a link to download or the ability to download would be fine.
Main use I see is to make easier to fulfill the condition of open source
licenses that source code of binary packages must be available.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did a quick search on the
mailing list
and people IRC pointed me to the mailing list.

cheers
  Mat