[packagekit] feature download source or link to source

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:00:47 PDT 2010

On 11 May 2010 15:47, Mateu Batle <mateu.batle at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> I think there is no current way to identify or access the source package
> from a binary package in any form from PackageKit API.

Well, there's no reason source packages couldn't be pushed into
results (with the architecture 'source' I suppose) by just enabling
the source repositories. I guess the real question you're asking is
how to get the source package (e.g. SRPM) for a given binary file. We
don't have a comprehensive answer for that at the moment, although we
could expand the ::Details() signal if this is something other people
would find useful.

If we made the change in API, you could do GetDetails(package_id) and
just get the source package_id in the return value. If other people
agree this would be useful, and you're willing to do the work needed
to break API like this, then I would be happy to accept such a patch.
:-)

Thanks,