[packagekit] PackageKit (Qt/KDE help)

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Sun Oct 17 23:14:07 PDT 2010

> Hi,
Hi

> I would like to ask you (mainly Daniel, Adrien or someone with  Qt/KDE
> related development aspect of PackageKit) whether I can help in  the
> Qt/KDE part of the development.
> I would like to use packagekit-qt (and  KDE maybe) on Meego, so I do
> not know how big of a task this is to port for  mobile phones under the
> kde-mobile project, but please let me know if I can  be involved in :)

Well packagekit-qt imo is something that will work out of the box,
since Qt is portable.

> What are some basic tasks do you see (if that is needed  at all) to
> start the port for mobile phones ? It is already the part of the  Meego
> architecture (http://meego.com/developers/meego-architecture/data-management),
> so you  will be able to better describe the situation to me :)

Since Kde is having a mobile version of it, (plasma-mobile), I think
it makes sense to have a KDE interface for it. But I really don't
know if it would be better to create an interface from scratch or
to use some parts of KPackageKit code.
Do you have any ui ideas? Is KPackageKit suitable for the
task as it is now??

Best,
Daniel Nicoletti - KDE Developer
http://dantti.wordpress.com
When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes;
all he expected from his power comes to nothing. Prov. 11:7