[packagekit] Debconf on pk-glib2

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Tue Oct 26 06:31:48 PDT 2010

Richard these steps allow debconf to work:

- before: install/remove/update/update-system

1 - Create a socket file in /tmp, named as you want ( I suggest something like
/tmp/gpk-debconf-TID )
2 - Start listening for connections in it
3 - setHints('socket=/tmp/gpk-debconf-TID')
4 - start your transaction

now when a debconf want's to show something it will open a new connection,
when this happen:
1 - setenv DEBIAN_FRONTEND=gnome
2 - start the debconf-communicate process in a way where you can read/write
     to this process.
3 - install a watcher in the new socket connection and when there is data to
read
     you will read and write on the debconf-communicate process, also install a
watcher
     on the debconf-communicate process so when there is data to read you read
and
     write it back to the socket connection.
4 - When the connection is closed don't forget to close the debconf-comunicate
process
     but don't delete the socket or stops reading it before the transaction
finishes since
     each package opens a new connection.

I think that's all you will need,
poke me if it doesn't work so I can test or help debugging.

Daniel Nicoletti - KDE Developer
http://dantti.wordpress.com
When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes;
all he expected from his power comes to nothing. Prov. 11:7