[packagekit] Traceback from python API call

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:48:33 PDT 2010

On 28 September 2010 03:47, Garrett Holmstrom <gholms at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to familiarize myself with PK's python API as I try to generalize
> a script that normally calls apt directly, but I seem to be doing something
> wrong.  When I call the following script on Fedora DBus throws an exception.
>  Any clue what my problem might be?

It looks like the python bindings need some love. SetLocale went away
last year, and was replaced by SetHints. Can any of the python'ers on
this list have a go at fixing them up?

Otherwise I'll have to fix things, and my python, is well, c'ish.

Garrett, the next version of PK (due in little under a week) will have
fixed this. Thanks.