[packagekit] Traceback from python API call

Sebastian Heinlein devel at glatzor.de
Tue Sep 28 10:21:46 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 09:47:19PM -0500, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to familiarize myself with PK's python API as I try to
> generalize a script that normally calls apt directly, but I seem to
> be doing something wrong.  When I call the following script on
> Fedora DBus throws an exception.  Any clue what my problem might be?

The Python module is out of date. It needs a lot of love.

Perhaps it makes sense to backport the aptdaemon client to PackageKit.
Historically the aptdaemon client was based on the PackageKit client.
It would require some renaming and small logic changes.

Or wait until gobject introspection arrives.

Cheers,

Sebastian