[packagekit] Feeding messages to user while installing packages

Fabio Erculiani lxnay at sabayon.org
Fri Feb 4 03:35:15 PST 2011

Richard,
my apologies, I didn't mean it's your fault nor I wanted to insult you.
I just had the feeling that I wouldn't be able to push PackageKit and
make it replace standard distro tools (especially in Sabayon) due to
this limitation. And that's a pita, since GNOME PackageKit is very
nice and lightweight.
Unable to forward an install summary (or whatever) to user = unable to
deploy gpk in our distro (and the same applies to Gentoo).

--
Fabio Erculiani