[packagekit] Lubuntu Integration

Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset jpxsat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:53:57 PDT 2011

Thanks Matthias !!

It's a shame all of this history with the PPAs, but it's necessary... i hope
your new system will work soon!
About the Lubuntu integration itself, adding "software-properties-gtk" to
gnome-packagekit could make some parts of the actual app obsolete:
- i have some entries in my panel such as "Mise a jour des logiciels"
(sorry, can't find the right translation) where we can set how often
packagekit search actualizations, actualize the system, etc this is
set by "software-properties-gtk",
so including this will make that part obsolete (but everything will be
unified).
- there's "software sources" too, where we can see the PPAs set for the
system and we can enable/disable them. This is also included on
"software-properties-gtk"

IMHO it would be great to use this piece already existing to improve
gnome-packagekit since it would add some features and could unify the
program. Great idea Matthias!

I really hope all of this will work :)

PS: Matthias: i've searched to change the server everywere on
gnome-packagekit and i didn't find it :(

--
jpxsat