[packagekit] Software Sources / Channels and PackageKit

Alex Eftimie alex at rosedu.org
Tue May 24 12:12:30 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Since this is my first post on this list, I am a GSoC student working
on PK backend for Ubuntu Software Center.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what is PK's
position regarding package repositories? For what I see, currently,
channel management is left to the distro.

Is it a good idea to have software channel management included in
PackageKit? Backends should provide the specific way of adding and
removing such sources.

What do you think?

Alex