[packagekit] Required reboot/logout (yum)

Giovanni Tirloni gtirloni at sysdroid.com
Thu Apr 26 11:18:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

 I'm trying to understand how PackageKit decides any given package requires
a reboot or a logout by the user.

 In version 0.5.8 (which ships in RHEL6), I came across code in
pk-transaction-extra.c which deals with this situation
(pk_transaction_extra_files_check_library_restart_cb).

 It seems in recent versions it relies on the Yum backend to check the repo
metadata regarding if the package requires a reboot/logout or not
(yumBackend.py  -- _check_for_reboot).

 I'm a newbie and would like to validate if I'm on the right path here.

Thanks,

--
Giovanni