[packagekit] Adding support for "prepare" in transaction_flags

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 08:42:34 PDT 2012

On 3 June 2012 16:39, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
> Do you have any news about the idea of merging RemovePackages() and
> InstallPackages() into one modify-task?

I'm in two minds about this. One is that it's probably a good idea for
an edge case, but the other is then we also have to deal with
INSTALL|REMOVE|UPDATE as well, which starts to make the API look a
little odd. I also can't come up with a good method name[1] and am
worried that a lot of backends might not be able to do this.

Richard.

[1] InstallRemoveUpdatePackages() is not a good name :)