[packagekit] I've broken all your nice backend code...

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Jun 6 22:06:46 PDT 2012

Richard Hughes wrote:

>> "Pretty badly", I suppose... The smart package itself and the config
>> is still not updated, so it has the 2010 version and fc13.89 repos[*].
>
> That's pretty bad.

Yeah, I wonder why Fedora has to supply outdated configuration for
apt and smart when it's regulated by the base that yum must be used:

fedora-package-config-apt-16.00-2.src.rpm
fedora-package-config-smart-13.89-23.src.rpm

The only way to make it sync is to parse the yum repo configuration.
(as provided by "system-release", and installed in /etc/yum.repos.d)

>> Updated the API ("PORTING"), but it seems like there is more to be done:
>> (pkcon:31022): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion `string != NULL' failed
>> Results:
>> Fatal error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Type of message, `(s)', does not match expected type `(t)'
>
> Ahh, you need to make install before trying to run.

I found the problem, when setting G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings for debug:

in pk_client_set_hints_cb (source_object=<optimized out>,
    res=<optimized out>, user_data=0x62d000) at pk-client.c:1673

It was trying to pass a bitfield off as a string, after the change.

--anders