[packagekit] Questions on simple packagekit usage with python3

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 19:15:01 UTC 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 11:25, Gabriele Musco <emaildigabry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I'm  doing something wrong, since the documentation I can find is
> scattered and kinda lacking many details, that's why I'm asking here. All I
> have to do really is install a bunch of packages I already know the names
> of.

So there are two layers here; a session layer that takes a package
name and just takes care of doing the right thing (implemented in
gnome-packagekit, gnome-software and apper) and a lower level that
gives you control of everything. The lower layer needs a package_id to
install.

> Is there a way I can just tell packagekit "search all the repos and use the
> first (and most likely only) match"?

Have you seen https://www.freedesktop.org/software/PackageKit/gtk-doc/ ?

Richard