[Piglit] [patch] tex3d-maxsize.c

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Nov 24 11:09:34 PST 2010

On 11/24/2010 11:55 AM, Brian Paul wrote:

> Here's a patch for the new tex3d-maxsize test. The test now uses a proxy
> texture to find the largest working texture size and uses that to render
> something.
>
> Before if we couldn't create a 3D texture of GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE ^ 3
> we just gave up.

BTW, this doesn't work with NVIDIA's driver.  The proxy texture size
test is indicating that a 2K x 2K x 2K texture is possible but when we
actually try to create and fill that large of texture my machine swaps
like crazy and eventually the test crashes.  I think their proxy
texture test is being a little too generous.

-Brian