[Piglit] Convert from python2 to python3

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:21:52 PST 2014

On 25 February 2014 21:36, Dylan Baker <baker.dylan.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> on LTS/stable releases: Piglit is a testing framework for *upstream
> development* of graphics drivers. You need up-to-date libdrm, linux, llvm, etc
> to even build mesa. I don't know of any developers trying to do upstream
> development on EL, Debian<testing (jessie has 3.3.4), or Ubuntu<latest (saucy
> has 3.3.x); though I might be wrong, and they can yell at me for making stupid
> assumptions!, because the point of LTS/Stable releases is that *nothing ever
> changes*. I think the right solution for LTS/stable releases is to just tag
> the last 2.6+argparse compatible release, and point people who don't have 3.3
> support to that tag.

I reckon that anyone that can figure out how to create a working Mesa
build can also figure out how to get python 3.3, so in that regard it
probably doesn't really matter what driver developers use to develop
on.

I do think this would potentially make it slightly harder for people
that aren't driver developers to contribute test cases, e.g. for
driver bugs they ran into. Perhaps piglit doesn't have enough
"outside" contributors to make that a real consideration though.