[Piglit] [Patch v2 09/13] quick.tests: Make quick.tests import all.tests

Dylan Baker baker.dylan.c at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:04:46 PST 2014

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 01:09:42 PM Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 14:12 -0800, Dylan Baker wrote:
> > I don't see a problem with always using --quick, however, I believe that
> > --
> > quick is in effect when loading the quick profile.
> >
> > Here is how I verified it:
> > cd into the piglit root and run the attached script with python. It should
> > print ['--quick']
>
> Running quick.tests:
>
> daenzer  28641 53.7  2.9 438544 242484 pts/0   Tl   12:38   1:05
> /home/daenzer/src/piglit-git/piglit/bin/glean -o -v -v -v -t +texCombine
>
> No --quick.
>

> I killed it with Ctrl-C after several minutes (completes in 3 seconds
> with --quick), which pointed out another problem: Ctrl-C kills
> individual piglit tests, but records them as 'pass' and doesn't abort
> the piglit run. I think this may be another recent regression, but I
> haven't isolated which change introduced it. I noticed Ctrl-C no longer
> aborted a piglit run last week, but I only noticed today that the killed
> tests are recorded as 'pass'.

The conversion first threadpool replacement caused, and using python's
included multiprocessing.dummy also causes ctrl-c to kill an individual
process, use ctrl-\ to kill the whole run. I should have mentioned it in the
commit message.

However, that aborted tests are recorded as pass is concerning, I'll look into
that. I also know what the problem with glean tests is and have a solution in
mind.