[Piglit] I want to know how to add blacklist for piglit?

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Mon May 19 21:54:52 PDT 2014

On 05/19/2014 08:58 PM, Fu, Ping wrote:
> Hi kenneth,
>
> I have lots of test cases which should be shield because of ASIC hang, I
> want to know how to add them to blacklist, it seems commit
> bd73f16376295692dd0e3656dd69505f564659b3 had removed this feature. But
> for some hang bugs it’s very useful, I want to know if there is
> alternative method? Using “-x” is boring for big amount of cases. Thanks!

Hello!

You can specify -x options on the command line.  The -x option takes a
regular expression, so you can actually exclude a lot of things very easily.

For example,

   -x glsl

excludes all tests with "glsl" in their name/path.

   -x 'glsl-1.50.*built-in'

would exclude any GLSL 1.50 tests for built-in functions.  You can
specify as many -x options as you like.

Personally, I create a file called "BLACKLIST" which contains things like:

-x struct-copy-complicated
-x glsl-fs-vec4-indexing-temp-src-in-nested-loop-combined
-x glsl-fs-atan-3
-x clip-distance-bulk-assign
-x max-varyings

and then run Piglit with:

./piglit-run.py tests/gpu $(cat BLACKLIST) results/foo

That way, my blacklist is stored in one place, easily copied between
machines, and easily edited over time as I fix or discover new bugs.

Good luck!

--Ken