[Piglit] Ideas for Wine Test Suite and Mesa Workflow

Zhenbo Li litimetal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 04:40:36 UTC 2016

Hello,
I'm Zhenbo Li, applying for Wine's GSoC 2016[1]. I hope this project
can accelerate further development for both Wine and Mesa. My idea has
been discussed in wine-devel[2], but I'm sure whether it helps Mesa.
While reading documents for Piglit, I got this idea: Write a script
for Wine Test Suite in Python, and integrate it with piglit.
Developers can just use `pitlit tests/wine_d3d` to run the test cases
(and detect regressions in both Wine and Mesa)

Really appreciate your comments. Thank you very much.

[1]: https://wiki.winehq.org/Summer_Of_Code#Tools_-_Winetest_Scripting_Interface
[2]: http://wine.1045685.n5.nabble.com/GSoC-Idea-Tools-Winetest-Scripting-Interface-td5874220.html#none

--
Have a nice day!