[Piglit] Building current piglit on ubuntu 12.04?

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 4 03:59:23 UTC 2016

piglit does not require python3, it is meant to be able to run with
either python2.7 or python3.3+. If you find that something *requires*
python3, please report that separately. (Oh hm, the fairly useless
'piglit' script appears to want it. Just don't use it and you'll be
fine.) The way I run piglit is at
https://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/ -- note that with those
options it will run single-threaded. Remove -1 --dmesg if you want to
run tests concurrently.

Drivers shouldn't allow userspace programs to crash their hardware.
Contact your vendor for an updated driver. (Except there isn't one, as
that line of hardware is out of support, you have chosen your vendor
poorly.)

Last I checked [which admittedly was a while ago], NVIDIA implements a
bunch of stuff incorrectly, and trips over how some piglit tests are
written. I recall a time when something like half of piglit tests
failed that way.

Any time you run a new test suite against a driver you will find a lot
of simple issues in the driver that prevent large swaths of the test
suite from running. I don't think NVIDIA runs against piglit, so such
issues are to be expected. I did for a while a few years ago and tried
to report issues to them, but the process was not particularly
rewarding, so I stopped.

  -ilia