[Piglit] Building current piglit on ubuntu 12.04?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Sep 4 04:30:13 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> piglit does not require python3, it is meant to be able to run with
> either python2.7 or python3.3+. If you find that something *requires*
> python3, please report that separately. (Oh hm, the fairly useless
> 'piglit' script appears to want it. Just don't use it and you'll be
> fine.) The way I run piglit is at
> https://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/ -- note that with those
> options it will run single-threaded. Remove -1 --dmesg if you want to
> run tests concurrently.

Thanks!

> Last I checked [which admittedly was a while ago], NVIDIA implements a
> bunch of stuff incorrectly, and trips over how some piglit tests are
> written. I recall a time when something like half of piglit tests
> failed that way.

Well, that explains the crappy results on the 10 year old nvidia card
that I pulled out of the recycling bin.

The hardware we really care about is a mix of amd, intel, and nvidia,
some new enough to be well-supported.  Anyway, now I'll run piglit
on everything we actually care about.

My osx 10.9 macbook pro locked up solid running piglit, too, so the fun
is available on muliple platforms.
- Dan