[Piglit] Building current piglit on ubuntu 12.04?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 5 21:04:06 UTC 2016

OK, now that I know the python3 requirement is soft, here's how I got
current piglit running on ubuntu 12.04.

        sudo apt-get install -y python-dev python-nose python-six
python-numpy python-matplotlib
        # ubuntu 12.04's matplotlib is too old, as are some of its dependencies
        # Install it anyway via apt to get dependencies, then update
what's needed.
        sudo apt-get remove -y python-six python-numpy
python-matplotlib python-pyparsing python-mako
        # purge any locally installed modules.  Careful.
        rm -rf $HOME/.local/lib/python*
        # Work around error from pip install.
        sudo /usr/bin/easy_install -U distribute
        # Carefully install barely new enough versions of a few things
        pip install --user pyparsing==1.5.6
        pip install --user numpy==1.7.0   # required by piglit's CMakeLists.txt
        pip install --user matplotlib==1.4.3
        export PYTHONPATH=$HOME/.local/lib/python2.7:$PYTHONPATH:/usr/lib/python2.7
        cmake -DPIGLIT_USE_WAFFLE=False
-DPIGLIT_BUILD_GLES1_TESTS=False -DPIGLIT_BUILD_GLES2_TESTS=False
-DPIGLIT_BUILD_GLES3_TESTS=False .
        python2 piglit run -1 -t texture tests/quick results/quick
        python2 piglit summary console results/quick

I'm using trivial backports of packages linux-generic-lts-utopic and
nvidia-352 for the kernel and nvidia drivers,
and lspci says my graphics card is GF110 [GeForce GTX 570].

It still crashes the system nearly instantly with a fairly recent
nvidia card and driver, yay closed source.

I may try to narrow that down some more and blacklist the tests that
break the system,
or I may switch to the AMD W600 and catalyst, which is close to
another configuration I care about.
Or I might switch to only testing on ubuntu 16.04 for a while, where
things seem more stable,
and just hope Ubuntu 12.04 vanishes in a puff of greasy black smoke soon.

In any case, I'll probably move to a non-RAID system for testing (!).
Watching the RAID rebuild itself
after a graphics driver crash is no fun.