[Pixman] Unknown thread local support for this system

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at cs.au.dk
Wed Apr 13 12:18:25 PDT 2011

Galen Lee <gulin20475 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,gues!
>     I compiled pixman0.20.0 use the NDK.With the configure as follow:
>  CC=agcc CPPFLAGS="-I/data/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/data/local/lib" \
>  CXX=agcc LD=arm-eabi-ld RANLIB=arm-eabi-ranlib \
>  PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/data/local/lib/pkgconfig:/data/local/share/pkgconfig/  \
>  ./configure \
> --prefix=/data/local  \
> --host=arm-eabi-linux \
> --enable-shared \
>    and get the follow errors:
> In file included from pixman-private.h:17,
>                  from pixman-access.c:35:
> pixman-compiler.h:202:6: error: #error "Unknown thread local support for this
> system. Pixman will not work with multiple threads. Define PIXMAN_NO_TLS to
> acknowledge and accept this limitation and compile pixman without thread-safety
> support."
>     How can I do to solve this problem?

Well, the question is what type of thread local storage does Android
provide?  Google seems to suggest that it supports
pthread_setspecific(). If so, it should be detected at configure
time. If it isn't, you'll probably need to look at config.log to find
out what went wrong.

Alternatively, if Android supports some other type of thread local
storage, you'll need to add support for that. Or, if you don't call
pixman from more than one thread, you can simply define PIXMAN_NO_TLS.

Soren