[Pixman] More MIPS DSPr2 bilinear fast paths.

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:51:14 PDT 2012

On Mon,  2 Jul 2012 20:54:18 +0200
Nemanja Lukic <nlukic at mips.com> wrote:

> Added optimizations for several bilinear fast paths:
>  - src_8888_8_8888
>  - src_8888_8_0565
>  - src_0565_8_x888
>  - src_0565_8_0565
>  - add_8888_8_8888
>  - src_8888_8888
>  - src_8888_0565
>  - src_0565_8888
>  - src_0565_0565
>  - over_8888_8888
>  - add_8888_8888
> Benchmark results (using lowlevel-blt-bench) on Malta board (@1Ghz)
> are included in the log messages. Per previous code review:
>  - Assembly code now respects the interpolation precision settings
> defined by BILINEAR_INTERPOLATION_BITS.
>  - "make check" pass when this flag is set to 7 (default) and 8.
> Any comments to this patch are welcome.

Thanks, pushed to pixman git.

I just trimmed the summary strings, because you were about to set
the new record for the commit summary length. The current record
belongs to:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/commit/?id=5bcde57da704000f0fbb52291d01c7f3c0dc8655
While there is no special policy enforced (or I just don't know about
it), I think it is reasonable to keep these strings short, so that
their text properly fits:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/log/

Regarding the code itself. It is quite likely that these
optimizations may become obsolete soon with the introduction of
separable horizontal and vertical interpolation for bilinear scaling
(which should allow even better performance). But there is no reason
not to use the currently available optimizations until then.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka