[Pixman] Source clipping: how-to and tests

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:04:22 PST 2015

For Wayland you can easily make another shm buffer out of a subrectangle
of an existing one by using the appropriate stride.

I don't know if this can be done with egl.

Because pixman is already dealing with stride, it certainly should be
technically possible to deal with an arbitrary rectangle clipped out of
the source image. The api to make a new pixman_image_t seems like the
right approach because it is by defnintion only a rectangle.